[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Container Profiles and the Extent/Space Calculators

Michelson, Daniel michelsd at union.edu
Thu Aug 3 12:55:21 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I have a couple questions about implementing container profiles.

Is there a way to get the extent calculator to report size in cubic
measurements, instead of linear?  I assume it has to do those calculations
in the space calculator, but the fact that "Extent Dimension" is a required
field makes me wonder if it was designed assuming the use of linear
measurements in extents.

How are people handling the space calculator's need for exterior
measurements with the common practice of providing collection extents based
on interior measurements?  Are people just not using the extent calculator?

Thanks,

Dan Michelson
Union College Special Collections & Archives