[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Barcodes Disappearing from Database

Alexander Duryee alexanderduryee at nypl.org
Wed Aug 2 11:32:44 EDT 2017

Following up on this, we were able to identify the issue.  What appeared to
be data loss on the backend was caused by an interface issue on the
frontend, in which barcodes were not being carried through into the Rapid
Barcode Entry screen.

To replicate this issue:

- Open Manage Top Containers, select a number of containers, and open Rapid
Barcode Entry
- Enter barcodes for the containers and save.  This will take you back to
the Manage Top Containers screen with your containers still selected.
- Wait a few minutes, so that the barcodes will have propagated into the
- Open Rapid Barcode Entry for the containers that you previously selected
- Despite the containers having saved barcodes, and the barcodes being
indexed, the Rapid Barcode Entry screen will not display the barcodes!

As a workaround, refresh the Manage Top Containers screen before re-opening
Rapid Barcode Entry.

Thanks,
--Alex

alexanderduryee at nypl.org