[Archivesspace_Users_Group] View Published option is being redirected to localhost instead of our IP address

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Apr 25 14:39:27 EDT 2017

You need to change AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] in config.rb from default localhost to actual hostname:

AppConfig[:frontend_url] = "http://localhost:8080"
AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = proc { AppConfig[:frontend_url] }
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = proc { AppConfig[:public_url] }
AppConfig[:public_url] = "http://localhost:8081"

Not sure if there is a link back in the other direction ( public -> frontend ) but if there is you should also set :frontend_proxy_url

We usually have frontend proxied thru Apache, so I used this as my default configs, so it works whether I’m on test or production servers, but this wouldn’t work if VHOST names for proxies were different from hostname:

AppConfig[:hostname] = proc { Socket.gethostname }

AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = proc { "http://#{AppConfig[:hostname]}<http://#{appconfig[:hostname]}>" }
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = proc { "http://#{AppConfig[:hostname]}:8081<http://#{appconfig[:hostname]}:8081>" }

— Steve M.