[Archivesspace_Users_Group] note for Windows users testing the ArchivesSpace release candidate

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Apr 4 09:08:52 EDT 2017

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

In the process of testing, we've discovered an issue with the 2.0.0-RC1 release candidate that affects only Windows users setting it up with a MySQL database. There is some information missing from the setup-database migration script that prevents the migrations from being run on anything but the demo database. This issue does not affect Windows users testing using the embedded database or users with servers on other platforms. (This issue also does not affect users who access ArchivesSpace via a browser on their Windows machine but whose ArchivesSpace server on a different platform.)

This issue will be corrected for the release itself, as well as for any future release candidate. If you want to test with Windows and MySQL before then, please add the following to line 5 of the setup-database.bat file found in the scripts directory:

set ASPACE_LAUNCHER_BASE=%~dp0%\..

Save the file, and then you should be able to proceed with running the script as usual.

If you don't know how to locate this file, or if you aren't sure whether you need to do this, please let me know.

Thanks to those testing for bringing this issue to our attention and to our own Laney McGlohon for identifying the solution. Please continue to email me if you encounter issues in the course of testing.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>