[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Unwanted Pre-populated of record fields

Lawlor, Susan LawlorS at tncc.edu
Thu Sep 22 16:29:56 EDT 2016

We've started having a bizarre, intermittent problem when adding sibling records.  We'll have a record highlighted in Edit mode, and click on Add Sibling.  A blank archival object record appears and then a few seconds later, all the fields populate with the data from the previous record.  If we try deleting and typing over the data and saving a new record, it instead overwrites the old one. So we are effectively prevented from adding a sibling record.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?  We're a Lyrasis hosted site, and we're already walked through the process with Lyrasis support desk and they couldn't figure out what was going wrong.  We've tried different browsers, and have already checked the repository settings, Pro-populate Records in NOT checked anywhere.

Susan Lawlor
Technical Services Librarian
99 Thomas Nelson Drive
Hampton, VA 23666