[Archivesspace_Users_Group] No record found after test migration from v1.4.2 to 1.5.0

Sally Vermaaten sally.vermaaten at nyu.edu
Fri Sep 9 09:52:02 EDT 2016

Hi Mang Sun,

I agree with Joshua - this sounds to me like an indexing problem to me. In
the course of upgrading to 1.5.0 did you delete the data/solr_index/index
directory and all files in the data/indexer_state directory? This is one of
the recommended steps in the instructions for upgrading to v.1.5.0
<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/UPGRADING_1.5.0.md>.
We accidentally missed this step once in a running a test upgrade and
definitely experienced some indexing problems though I don't remember the
details. As it was a test upgrade (and it sounds like that's what you're
doing as well) we just started afresh and ran the upgrade process over
again. When we included that step, things were fine.

On a related note - there's a 1.5.1 release of ArchivesSpace
<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v1.5.1> that
includes several fixes for bugs that were found in the weeks after 1.5.0
was released. If are looking to update to a 1.5.x version, you may want to
consider upgrading to 1.5.1 one rather than 1.5.0.

Good luck,
Sally

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Joshua D. Shaw <Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

> I believe the suggestion for migration to 1.5+ was to delete the existing
> index and indexer states which will trigger a complete reindex.
>
> Best,
> Joshua
>

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 8:20 AM, "Mang Sun" <mang.sun at rice.edu> wrote:

> > After we migrate our v.1.4.2 test instance to v1.5.0, we can't find any
> records but just no record in Staff interface and public interface.
> >
> > But if we open a migrated record (saycollection record) using the direct
> route path to that record and resave it, this record but only this one
> starts to show up under Collections when browsing collections. This problem
> does not come with any new record created within v.1.5.0. Any suggestion?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Mang Sun
> >
> > Rice U.

Sally Vermaaten