[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD Import Error

Galligan, Patrick PGalligan at rockarch.org
Fri Sep 2 13:39:10 EDT 2016

Megan,

If I recall correctly, this isn't actually a bug. But you can easily change it by changing the EAD converter.

Modify your ead_converter.rb and add it as a local plugin in plugins/local/backend/model/ead_converter.rb.

The code you're looking to change looks something like this:

        make :note_multipart, {
          :type => node.name,
          :persistent_id => att('id'),
                  :publish => att('audience') != 'internal',
          :subnotes => {
                                    :publish => att('audience') != 'internal',
            'jsonmodel_type' => 'note_text',
            'content' => format_content( content )
          }
        } do |note|
          set ancestor(:resource, :archival_object), :notes, note
        end
      end
    end

A code block like so will automatically publish multipart notes on import.

The part that changes this is :publish => att('audience') != 'internal'.

Patrick Galligan
Rockefeller Archive Center
Assistant Digital Archivist
914-366-6386