[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Problem linking multiple top containers to single component

Rachel Aileen Searcy rachel.searcy at nyu.edu
Fri Sep 2 10:43:45 EDT 2016

Hello list,

I'm running into an issue adding a large number of top container records to
a single component in a resource record. After having added over 10
containers a series, I tried to edit a note but received the following
error message upon saving: "Top Container - Property is required but was
missing." All of my top containers have Type, Indicator, and Container
Profile fields filled in. I was able to replicate this is
test.archivesspace.org and there seems to be a tipping point after adding
around 10 container instances to a single AO. Tabling descriptive and
access considerations that might suggest that's too large of a range to
describe in a single component, does anyone happen to know if there is a
limit to how many containers can be associated with a single component? It
appears as though accession records are not exhibiting this problem as far
as I can tell.

Thanks very much in advance - any insight would be appreciated.

Rachel Searcy
Accessioning Archivist, Archival Collections Management
New York University Libraries
212.998.2539 | rachel.searcy at nyu.edu

The error:

​

But my containers look fine?

And when I open up the record again the Instances sub-record appears blank,
even though I can locate those containers via the Manage Top Containers and
they appear to be linked to the record:

​
​