[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Update - September 2016

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Sep 1 11:39:28 EDT 2016

[ArchivesSpace Logo5.png]

September 2016 Update

Member Forum 2016

Thanks to all who participated in the Member Forum. A huge thanks once again to member institution Atlanta University Center for hosting us at their Robert W. Woodruff Library. Big thanks as well to our planning group members and the Atlanta-based LYRASIS staff that provided logistical support.

Presentations, notes, and selected recordings from the program are available online at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ADC/ArchivesSpace+Member+Forum+2016.

Please fill out the evaluation, whether you attended or not: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VDMC6YQ, to let us know what you'd like for future Member Forums. We look forwarding to making this an annual tradition!

Development

The Prioritization subteam is actively working on the development roadmap for the remainder of FY2016-17. To assist with this, ArchivesSpace Member Representatives were recently emailed a link for an online survey to rank epics (a set of user stories pertaining to a certain area or function within the application) in JIRA on behalf of their institutions. We're asking Member Representatives to complete the survey by September 16, 2016.

Review of applications received for the ArchivesSpace Developer position will commence in mid-September.  Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.  Please be sure to share the position description<http://www.indeed.com/cmp/LYRASIS/jobs/Developer-40f860ea3713e81d?q=LYRASIS> with anybody you think qualified and interested.

Specifications for the following functional areas are or will soon be completed and then shared with the ArchivesSpace community for review and comment:

*         Enhancement to rights management module to achieve PREMIS compliance

*         OAI-PMH responder  (AR-803)<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-803>

*         Enhancement of the Agent module to achieve EAC compliance

Updates on the Public User Interface Enhancement project

The Public User Interface Development Group recently shared an updated PUI 2.0 release timeline and made extensive updates to its wiki page:  https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ADC/Public+Interface+Enhancement+Project<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ADC/Public+Interface+Enhancement+Project>. Follow along with the project there, or contact Mark Custer (mark.custer at yale.edu<mailto:mark.custer at yale.edu>) with questions or comments for the group.

Membership Update

Our new members since August 1 include:

*         Palos Verdes Library District

*         Pennsylvania House of Representatives

*         Sacramento Public Library

*         SUNY Maritime College

*         St. Mary's College of California

*         Terrace District and District Museum (Heritage Park Museum), British Columbia, Canada  (our second Canadian member)

*         Wayne State University

*         Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod

As of September 1, we have 300 General members, 10 Educational Program members, and 3 Registered Service Providers. If you are interested in your institution becoming a member of ArchivesSpace, please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> for more information.

Connect with ArchivesSpace in Person

Thanks to the hundreds of ArchivesSpace users who visited with us in Atlanta, at the Member Forum, in the Exhibit Hall, at sessions, and in receptions and other casual gatherings. We were especially delighted to talk with so many people who are actively using ArchivesSpace in their daily work, or on the cusp of doing so.

We will not be at any conferences this month, but look for us in October at the Association of Tribal Archives, Libraries and Museums (ATLAM) conference in Phoenix, Arizona, from October 11-12, and the joint meeting of the Society of Georgia Archivists and Society of Florida Archivists in Savannah, Georgia from October 13-14.

Program Staff Availability on September 5

Along with many others in the U.S. archival community, the ArchivesSpace program team will be out on Monday, September 5, for the Labor Day holiday.

ArchivesSpace monthly updates provide news about ArchivesSpace community and program activities and are sent to our member listservs, the ArchivesSpace Google Group, and SAA's Collection Management Tools roundtable listserv, as well as being posted on the ArchivesSpace website. Please feel free to share this update with people you know who have an interest in ArchivesSpace but may not be on one of these lists.