[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing container profiles?

Maureen Callahan mcallahan at smith.edu
Tue Oct 18 10:52:59 EDT 2016

Hi Celia,

What a great question! I don't currently have access to a long list of
container profiles (my former colleagues at Yale may be willing to share
the ones we came up with there), but I do have a quick-and-dirty method for
importing them into ArchivesSpace via the API, available here:
https://github.com/smith-special-collections/aspace-migration/blob/master/container%20profiles/AddContainerProfiles.py
(I prepared this as a proof of concept when working with a colleague --
you'll want to update the variables to match your own environment, and you
will also need to update infile.csv to reflect the list of contianer
profiles you'll end up using)

Maureen

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Celia Caust-Ellenbogen <
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've just migrated to v.1.5.1, so we need to create a whole bunch of
> container profiles. I know others have been in this exact same situation,
> and most of our boxes are the same as at every other repository.
>
>    - Does anyone have a list/spreadsheet/etc of container profiles
>    they're willing to share, so I don't have to look up dimensions on a vendor
>    website (or worse, head into the stacks with a yardstick)?
>    - Is there no way to import multiple container profiles at once from
>    the ASpace staff interface? Or is the only way with the API?
>
> Thanks,
> Celia
>
> --
> Celia Caust-Ellenbogen
> Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
> <http://swarthmore.edu/friends-historical-library>
> 610-328-8498
> ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu

Maureen Callahan