[Archivesspace_Users_Group] upcoming releases for ArchivesSpace

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Nov 22 16:24:23 EST 2016

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

Our development partner Hudson Molonglo (HM) has been undertaking work on the application, including helping us determine a plan for upcoming releases. As the path ahead comes into better focus, we wanted to give you a sense of what to expect in the near and longer term.

December 2016 release

We plan to release v1.5.2 of ArchivesSpace on December 8. This minor release will include some bug fixes (including https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1568, https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1424, and https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1472) and address some minor layout issues in the staff interface. This release will include development work completed by HM as well as pull requests submitted by members of the community. We expect to have a release candidate available on November 29 for those who would like to test it in advance of the production release.

releases through mid-2017

With input from the Prioritization sub-team and information from the priorities survey of members that was recently completed (see today's message from Jason Loeffler for more information), we are working on a development roadmap that will provide more specifics as to content and dates, but in general you can expect major releases of ArchivesSpace in March 2017 and June 2017. If urgent issues are uncovered soon after a release there may be a minor update to address them. ArchivesSpace releases are cumulative; you do not need to install each release as it comes out in order to install the latest version.