[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Followup to community review of Rights Management Enhancements specification

Arnold, Hillel harnold at rockarch.org
Tue Nov 22 16:17:45 EST 2016

Hello all,
On behalf of Max Eckard, Brad Westbrook and me, I want to thank the ArchivesSpace community for a robust and thoughtful discussion surrounding the proposed Rights Management Enhancement specification over the last few months. While we didn’t hear any comments that suggested this proposed change is a bad idea, there did seem to be some debate over how this proposed functionality could or should be used.

To that end, we’ve compiled a set of user stories (attached here) which encompasses both new user stories that are supported by this change proposal as well as those that are supported by existing functionality. It should be noted that the Rights Management Enhancement specification does not impact the existing user stories.

If you have additional user stories you think should be added to this list, please let us know and we’ll do that before packaging this all up for review by Lyrasis.

Thanks again for all your comments and suggestions. It’s great to be part of a community that is engaged in and committed to principled development and international standards!

Hillel
--
Hillel Arnold
Assistant Director, Head of Digital Programs