[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Plugin Gem Best Practices

Mark Triggs mark at dishevelled.net
Fri Nov 4 06:09:38 EDT 2016

Hi Alex,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but for the Newrelic gem I found I
had to add a snippet to the top of the plugin Gemfile like this:

  https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/183/files

The call to `ASpaceGems.setup` takes care of setting the gem load path
appropriately.

You're not supposed to have to do this, so if you find it magically
fixes things, I'll take a look and see if the situation can be
improved.  The backend is supposed to take care of all of this, but
perhaps the Gemfile is being loaded earlier than expected.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Triggs