[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Plugin Gem Best Practices

Alexander Duryee alexanderduryee at nypl.org
Thu Nov 3 10:09:24 EDT 2016

James,

Thanks!  I unzipped a fresh release of ASpace, set up a plugin with a
Gemfile, and ran initialize_plugin.  It pulled in the gem + dependencies
into gems/ without issue.  However, when trying to run ASpace with the
plugin (empty except for the gems), I got:

Bundler::GemNotFound: Could not find gem 'timetwister (= 0.2.7) java' in
any of the gem sources listed in your Gemfile or available on this machine.

The gem is installed both on my machine and in the plugin's gems
directory.  It's a locally-developed gem, so I didn't explicitly build it
for JRuby - is this necessary to load it into ASpace?

Thanks!
--Alex

alexanderduryee at nypl.org