[Archivesspace_Users_Group] password-reset.sh

Mayo, Dave dave_mayo at harvard.edu
Fri May 27 11:47:49 EDT 2016

Blake Carver and I figured out what's going on.

The issue is that the scripts aren't actually where they're meant to be
run from in the Github directory at all - they only get moved to the
proper directories by Ant when constructing the release zips.  So if you
check out ArchivesSpace and run it out of the git directory, which is what
I've been doing locally, none of the scripts work because they can't find
each other or jruby.

This happens at
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/build/build.xml#
L663, for anyone interested.

Your second concern, re: the colon, is a red herring - if you look at
password-reset.sh, it's set up so that JRUBY will always have a leading
colon.

Anyway, I'd be interested if anyone knows or can reconstruct the rationale
for why this is the case - why the scripts aren't just where they need to
be to run in the github repo.  It feels to me like that's a reasonable
use-case, certainly for development, and the various build/run tasks that
start devservers certainly run just fine out of a checkout.

- Dave