[Archivesspace_Users_Group] RDE Remove Templates

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu May 19 11:08:56 EDT 2016

I just checked this in the public sandbox, which is on 1.4.2, and test.archivesspace.org, which is on the 1.5.0 release candidate, and was able to replicate this partially. I was able to remove one or more templates at a time by selecting Remove (the text on the button next to it changed to Keep) and then Confirm Removal. But if I selected Remove, then changed my mind and hit Keep on any of them, and then hit Confirm Removal instead of Cancel, it removed the ones that were at one point selected for removal anyway. (If I hit Cancel it wasn't deleted.) This definitely seems like unintended behavior and I'll add that info. to the bug report you just submitted, Ed. If that's what's happening, I could definitely see when working with a longer list like Lydia was likely doing (or when just trying to figure out how the buttons work), there would be a strong possibility for templates to get deleted that were meant to be kept.

I agree that it's a little unintuitive, but the way you describe it in your first message is the intended sequence of steps. By the way, there is information on templates in general and RDE templates specifically in the user manual at https://docs.archivesspace.org/Default.htm#BasicsTemplates.htm, but I see the Remove Templates function needs to be explained more fully.

Christine