[Archivesspace_Users_Group] white screen lock-out

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu
Thu Mar 31 08:18:02 EDT 2016

Hi Chris and everyone,
Thank you so much for looking into this.  It happens also when I delete an archival object.  Actually, next time it happens, I’ll try accessing a different record.  Since I am usually working intensely on one record at a time, my priority has always been to get back to that one record but I’ll check! It seems to lock me out of the archival resource completely, so I can’t access the view vs. edit view of that record.
I guess we are using a proxy! (Sorry, not a techie here…) Here is the information from my IT folks

"We use Apache to proxy to Jetty on the AS server. Archivesspace runs on Jetty, a Java servlet container. If we served AS directly from Jetty, there would be a port number in the URL, like :8080, but when you request the AS URL without the port number, it uses port 80, where we have Apache accepting requests. Apache relays the requests to Jetty, which is running Archivesspace.  So yes, we use Apache as a proxy for Jetty, but not a separate proxy server. Hope this helps.”

I will ask about the logs.  Thanks for your help!

Lydia