[Archivesspace_Users_Group] running individual rspec tests

James Bullen james at hudmol.com
Thu Mar 24 20:27:23 EDT 2016

Hi Esha,

You can say something like this:

build/run backend:test -Dexample="User model can yield a list of all permissions”

To run a single test, or just “User model” to run all of the user model tests. It actually just does a match, so you could say:

build/run backend:test -Dexample="permissions”

And it would run any test it finds with “permissions” its description.

A test’s full description is a concat of the ‘describe' blocks and ‘it' block it is contained in, so in the top example, it’s spec looks like this:

describe 'User model' do
  …
  it "can yield a list of all permissions" do
    …
  end
  …
end

There is also a way to run only a specific _spec.rb file, but I can’t remember what it is. ;)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
James