[Archivesspace_Users_Group] running individual rspec tests

Esha Datta esha at nyu.edu
Thu Mar 24 15:57:31 EDT 2016

Hello,

Thanks to all of those who have helped me so far along the road to plugin
development. The time now has come to write tests for the plugin. I noticed
that in the dev instance I can specify which part of the application to
test, for example: the backend, frontend, common, or all. Is there a way to
run just one test or one suite of tests from the plugin? I'd like to have
both options if possible. That way, when I'm checking on the tests, I don't
have to wait for the backend tests to run every time. Thanks in advance for
your help!

In MRI rails projects, I've managed to just do rspec
spec/dir/whatever_suite_of_tests and if I want to specify a line or
something:  rspec spec/dir/whatever_suite_of_tests:line number, can I try
something like this in archivesspace?

I tried reading through the build.xml, specifically, the backend:test part
but I wasn't really getting how to specify a plugin test...I see that I
runs through all the backend tests.

Thanks.

Esha

Esha Datta