[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Fwd: exporting resource components as MARCXML

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Mon Mar 7 18:22:14 EST 2016

Hi all,

I've seen some work from a few quarters on tweaking MARC and EAD exports. I
may be missing something but these all seem to work with exporting resource
records from the top of the tree. Our immediate use case is batch exporting
descendant archival objects in MARC* for inclusion in our ILS. As such,
resurrecting this thread to get a pulse of whether other institutions (and
vendors) might have a use for this or if there's any work already ongoing
in this area. (Unfortunately, we don't have a full-time Ruby dev on staff.)

Best, Jason

Jason Loeffler
Technology Consultant
The American Academy in Rome
Minor Science | Application Development & Metadata Strategy
Brooklyn, New York
jason at minorscience.com
(347) 405-0826
minorscience (Skype)