[Archivesspace_Users_Group] marcxml - OCLC and Symphony (catalog database)

Suda, Phillip J psuda1 at tulane.edu
Mon Mar 7 10:47:12 EST 2016

Doesn't Connexion accept MarcXML and DC as well?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Phil

On Mar 4, 2016 3:36 PM, Susan Luftschein <luftsche at usc.edu> wrote:

Hi Johna,

I do it all the time.  You can export a resource record as MARCXML.  You do it through the Export tab in the top level of the resource record.  I do use OCLC Connexion to catalog, so if that’s what you want to do you have to transform the xml file into MARC21 format.  Terry Reese’s MarcEdit program (free) will allow you to do that.  Then you can just import the transformed MARC record into Connexion.

Be aware that there are still some mapping issues with ASpace elements and MARC fields, so you definitely have to do some manual editing.

Hope this helps,

Sue

Sue Luftschein

Archival and Metadata Librarian