[Archivesspace_Users_Group] "Is representative" in instances

Bowers, Kate A. kate_bowers at harvard.edu
Thu Jun 30 17:38:30 EDT 2016

Thanks, Mark!  That was very clear.

Kate

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org [mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org] On Behalf Of Custer, Mark
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:28 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] "Is representative" in instances

Hi, Kate.

This is a new feature that was added during the development of the new public interface.  The intent is to allow staff to identify which digital object to highlight on a resource/accession/component page in the public interface in case there are more than one digital objects attached.    In Edit mode, you'll see that you now have the option to make a digital instance a representative one, but not an analog instance.  I'd suggest that this "is representative" value should be suppressed in view mode for analog instances since the staff interface doesn't permit a staff member to do that with an analog instance.

I hope that partially explains things, but I wouldn't say that this feature is really fully finished at this point, but that's the general intent of it.

Mark