[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Using Related Accessions component within an accession

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Wed Jun 15 10:29:44 EDT 2016

Hi, Jordan,

There is a section in the ASpace user manual suggesting ways to relate accessions to each other (see https://docs.archivesspace.org/Default.htm#LinkRelatedAccession.htm%3FTocPath%3DManaging%2520Accessions%2520%7C_____23).  The whole/part relationship is unique to this relationship, whereas the sibling relationship is somewhat duplicative of the accession / resource relationship.

Here is a simple use case that has been offered for the whole/part relationship:

A repository buys at auction a lot of manuscripts, for which it pays a single fee.  The repository then creates an accession record for the lot and an accession record each item in the lot.

Cheers,

Brad