[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace new PUI update

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Tue Jul 26 15:28:47 EDT 2016

Dear ArchivesSpace colleagues:
I am writing to provide an update about the development of the new ArchivesSpace Public Interface. Most importantly, the ArchivesSpace Public Interface development group has an updated PUI 2.0 release timeline that we would like to share with the community:

*         candidate release, 12/16/2016

*         official testing period, 12/19/2016 - 2/28/2017

*         official release, 3/31/2017

Excluding weekends and three holidays, that means that we're aiming to have a new candidate release available in just 100 days!  I hope you're as excited about that prospect as I am, but I realize that this release is further away than we had anticipated last year when the PUI working group began its efforts.  As noted in previous updates, programming resources dwindled for a while earlier this year. However, the PUI development resources are stronger than ever now: Harvard University has committed a developer, Bobbi Fox, to the project full-time through the end of November, and Yale University has contracted the development firm Hudson Molonglo to provide additional contributions to the effort.  These resources have been in place since the middle of May and have already made substantial progress.

The development group has also updated the ArchivesSpace PUI wiki recently, so if you have not checked that resource out in a while, I encourage you to do so now. We will use this wiki to post the minutes from all PUI conference calls (which will be open for anyone to join again starting August 9th), as well as other information, including results from usability and accessibility tests that we will conduct prior to the candidate release of the new public interface. The wiki is available online at the following address:  https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ADC/Public+Interface+Enhancement+Project

Last, the PUI development group will share information about how you will be able to test the new public interface via an online sandbox prior to the candidate release. I will send another update about this at some point after SAA's annual meeting and before the end of September.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. I am really excited about the current development process, and I'm looking forward to when everyone will be able to see the results of all of the excellent work that's been conducted so far.

All my best,

Mark Custer,
On behalf of the ArchivesSpace Public Interface development group.

*         James Bullen, Hudson Molonglo

*         Mark Cooper, LYRASIS

*         Mark Custer, Yale University

*         Bobbi Fox, Harvard University

*         Payten Giles, Hudson Molonglo

*         Brian Hoffman, Consultant

*         Susan Pyzynski, Harvard University

*         Mark Triggs, Hudson Molonglo

*         Brad Westbrook, ArchivesSpace

*         Melissa Wisner, Yale University