[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Survey on use of the Rights Statements sub-record in ArchivesSpace

Max Eckard eckardm at umich.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:16:16 EDT 2016

Good morning ArchivesSpace users,

Representatives from the ArchivesSpace program team, ArchivesSpace members
and Archivematica will be recommending changes to the Rights Statements
sub-record in ArchivesSpace.

These changes would:

   - allow users to record more granular and machine-actionable rights
   statements;
   - make ArchivesSpace more compliant with the rights section of the
   PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata 3.0; and
   - allow digital preservation systems such as Archivematica to pass
   PREMIS Rights Statements to ArchivesSpace.

*Please note that we are talking about the Rights Statements sub-record and
NOT the Conditions Governing Access/Use notes that some repositories may be
using to summarize the rights status of collections. *

We hope that you will facilitate this process by filling out the following
short (six question) survey by *this* *Friday, July 15*:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S7THQPN

Your answers will help us to decide on how to revise the current module in
a manner that will preserve any data users have recorded in it.

Your participation is greatly appreciated! We're also happy to answer any
questions you may have.

Thank you,
Max

--
*Max Eckard*
*Assistant Archivist for Digital Curation*

Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113
(734) 763-7518