[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace election results and new appointments

Christian Dupont christian.dupont at bc.edu
Fri Jul 1 08:03:03 EDT 2016

To the members of the ArchivesSpace community:

I am pleased to announce the results of the elections we recently conducted
to fill vacancies on the ArchivesSpace Governance Board.

·         *Audra Eagle Yun*, Head of Special Collections & Archives and
University Archivist, at the University of California, Irvine Libraries,
has been elected to serve as the representative for Very Large member
institutions

·         *Alston Cobourn*, Digital Scholarship Librarian, at Washington
and Lee University, has been elected to serve as the representative for
Small member institutions

Audra and Alston will serve two-year terms, effective as of today, July 1,
and running through June 30, 2018. We extend our renewed thanks to outgoing
representatives Megan Sniffin-Marinoff (Harvard University) and Lynda
Kachurek (University of Richmond). We also remain grateful to Cynthia
Gehring and Heather Heckman for their candidacies and to the several other
members who participated in the nomination process.

The leadership needs of our community-based, community-driven organization
are ongoing, and so the contributions of all members, including those of
you who voted as voting representatives for your member institutions,
continue to be greatly valued.

As our board chair Carol Mandel noted in her recent report, *Gregor
Trinkhaus-Randall *has been appointed as the new LYRASIS board liaison to
the ArchivesSpace Governance Board, succeeding Jay Schafer in that role.
Gregor is currently the vice chair of the LYRASIS board and a former SAA
President.

The board has also recently approved the appointments of two new members to
the Users Advisory Council representing Small member institutions: *Suzanne
Stasiulatis* (Pennsylvania State Archives) and *Jamie Weeks* (Weber State
University). The board is in the process of filling the vacancy on UAC
created by the election Alston Cobourn to the Governance Board.

Best wishes to all as we welcome our representatives to their new roles and
look ahead to coming year.

Respectfully submitted,

Christian Dupont

Chair, 2016 Nominating Committee and Large Member representative to the
Governance Board

*On behalf of committee members:*

Stephen Hussman (University of Arizona), representing very large membership
level
Ed Galloway (University of Pittsburgh), representing large membership level
Annie Benefiel (Grand Valley State University), representing medium
membership level
Margot Note (World Monuments Fund), representing small membership level
Yue Ma (Chinese Museum in America), representing very small membership level

Gordon Daines (BYU), chair, User Advisory Council (ex officio)
Sally Vermatten (NYU), chair, Technical Advisory Council (ex officio)
Brad Westbrook (ArchivesSpace), Program Manager (ex officio)

--

Christian Dupont

Burns Librarian and Associate University Librarian for Special Collections

John J. Burns Library | Boston College | 140 Commonwealth Ave | Chestnut
Hill, MA  02467-3801

*Main:* (617) 552-4861 | *Direct:* (617) 552-0105 | christian.dupont at bc.edu

*http://bc.edu/burns <http://bc.edu/burns>* |
https://bc.academia.edu/ChristianDupont