[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Indexing problem?

Joan Curbow CurbowJ at bvu.edu
Wed Jan 6 14:33:14 EST 2016

I am not working on migrating data; we are a brand-new archives, and I am a brand-new archivist, so all data is being input fresh. With the last release of Aspace, I have encountered a problem of logging in; it doesn't seem to be consistent, but it sort of acts like it might be connected to re-indexing.

If all goes well, I immediately see a dialog box that says Aspace is redirecting me. If that dialog box doesn't show up immediately, I know that I will not be able to log in, and I get a message that tells me it can't log in.

We don't have a ton of stuff yet, and I'm focusing largely on accessiong, but if I've had a productive day, I can figure on not being able to log in the next morning.

If I come back later (hours) or next day, I can usually log on with no problem.

Has anyone else been having this issue? It started late November ...

Sincerely,

Joan Curbow
Reference Librarian and Archivist
Buena Vista University Library