[Archivesspace_Users_Group] re-indexing errors for a 1.3.0 instance

Douglas James Simmons dsimmons at siu.edu
Thu Feb 18 14:36:04 EST 2016

I was asked to move all accessions data from one repository to another one. It seemed from looking at the tables like a simple sql update.

In each accessions record in mysql, I replaced the old repo_id with the new one.
I stopped the archivesspace server, deleted /data/solr_index/index and restarted it. The solr console reported :

[collection1] Solr index directory '/home/ambika/Documents/Feb130/archivesspace/data/solr_index/index' doesn't exist. Creating new index...

As expected. However, it now shows multiple entries like:

13:28:36 SEVERE SolrCore java.lang.NullPointerException
13:28:36 SEVERE SolrDispatchFilter null:java.lang.NullPointerException

Should I restore the db from backup and try doing this a different way? Would this process involve the resequencing flag to be set at startup?

Thanks,

DOUG SIMMONS
Assistant Manager

MORRIS LIBRARY - SYSTEMS