[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Collection management - processing status disappeared...

Emma Jolley EJOLLEY at nla.gov.au
Wed Feb 17 17:06:36 EST 2016

Dear all

Thanks for such a thorough discussion on this issue. We were very dismayed when the processing status field initially disappeared (not having been notified that this was going to happen in the first place). But when it did we adapted our workflows to use Events to track our various Accessioning and Processing stages and have done significant work to correct that problems associated with the movement of information from the Processing Status field to an Event.

As such we agree with Kate's and Laurel's approach - we would not want to see the Events that we now use to track processing status disappear and would want to retain them. We are happy if the processing status is re-instated in Collection Management (we can always ignore the field if we don't want to use i) but would not want to see all of the information now in Events affected.

Best wishes

Emma
National Library of Australia

Emma Jolley| Curator of Digital Archives, Pictures and Manuscripts Branch|National Library of Australia Canberra ACT 2600
e: emma.jolley at nla.gov.au<mailto:emma.jolley at nla.gov.au>|t: 02 6262 1456| www.nla.gov.au/ms<http://www.nla.gov.au/ms>
http://www.nla.gov.au/support-us/make-a-collection-offer-pictures-and-manuscripts