[Archivesspace_Users_Group] archivesspace newbie questions

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Feb 10 12:01:47 EST 2016

The gem and binaries should be installed in the archivesspace build/gems directory, but ./build/gems/bin isn’t
on your path, and just running ./build/gems/bin/pry-remote will get an error unless you run it thru the bundler,
as it won’t find the pry-remote gems.

My hacked version of jirb script has a fallthru “$*” at the end.
I keep it in the parent directory of my archivesspace directory, so for me running:

../jirb.sh bundle exec pry-remote

works.

But my procedures for AS development environment are constantly being tweaked as I run into new issues.
Lately, I’ve been trying to work RubyMine into the environment, but I can’t seem to be able to get it
to find my Gems in the correct place. Before finding method of ‘bundle exec’ with those environment settings,
I was keeping a duplicate set of Gems installed in the rbenv environment. I may have to go back to doing
that to get RubyMine to find them.

— Steve.