[Archivesspace_Users_Group] archivesspace newbie questions

Mayo, Dave dave_mayo at harvard.edu
Tue Feb 9 23:28:34 EST 2016

Hi Esha,

As far as running bundler, I've found that running:

./build/run bundler -Dgemfile=../backend/Gemfile

from the archivesspace root directory gets the contents of that Gemfile installed properly.

I'm running my devserver via `.build/run backend:devserver`.  If you're doing the same, `binding.pry` STILL won't work, because the backend doesn't log directly to console, and whatever intermediate it's using (Ant? I think Ant) only does output.  What I DID get working was installing the pry-remote Gem, and then doing `binding.remote_pry` and connecting from another terminal.

Let me know if this works out for you, or if there's anything else I can possibly do to help.

- Dave Mayo
  Library Software Engineer
  Harvard University -> HUIT -> LTS