[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace has a new website

Laurie Arp laurie.arp at lyrasis.org
Tue Dec 6 19:46:25 EST 2016

[sending on behalf of Christine Di Bella]

We are pleased to announce that ArchivesSpace has a new website!

You can see the updated site at same address at:
http://www.archivesspace.org/

With the help of LYRASIS Member Communications, ArchivesSpace is launching a new website. The overall goals for the new website are to:

*         Freshen up our online presence without making major changes in our visual identity

*         Emphasize ArchivesSpace the community over ArchivesSpace the application in our online presence

*         Make news and other timely content more prominent on the site

*         Make it easier for particular constituencies, most notably members and developers, to find the resources that are specifically for them
To accomplish these goals, we made a number of changes. The largest is that we have moved from Drupal to WordPress as our publishing platform. This change makes it easier to maintain the site from a technical standpoint and easier to incorporate other types of content, including a new blog for announcements, news updates, and information from members. We have added more visual and interactive content to the home page and inside pages through the selective use of sliders, rotating menus, graphical backgrounds, and accordion menus. We reconfigured our top navigation bar to make information about the community more prominent and added menu items specifically for members, developers, and registered service providers to make it easier to identify and target content appropriate for each group (or those interested in that group). These sections will be further built out over time as these constituencies grow and evolve. For example, we expect that once the Technical Lead begins work there will be significant additional content for the developers section.

While the website was being refreshed, Member Communications designed new co-branding for LYRASIS and ArchivesSpace. The new co-branding, approved by the ArchivesSpace Governance Board, appears throughout the new site.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>