[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Help upgrading ArchivesSpace on a Windows/MySQL system

Ben Finberg bfinberg at okeeffemuseum.org
Mon Dec 5 20:09:20 EST 2016

Hoping for some help upgrading ArchivesSpace from 1.4.7 to 1.5.1 running Windows Server 2008 R2 and MySQL. I've tried following the main and supplemental 1.4.x to 1.5.x instructions several times and I keep finishing and getting HTTP ERROR 503 service unavailable. Here are the steps I'm doing:

1)      Backup.

2)      Delete data/solr_index/index directory. Delete all files in data/indexer_state directory.

3)      Unzip AS download.

4)      Shutdown AS service

5)      Rename old AS directory from ArchivesSpace to ArchivesSpace.old

6)      Name new AS directory ArhichivesSpace

7)      Copy data directory from ArchivesSpace.old to ArchivesSpace, replace all files when prompted.

8)      Make three edits in new config.rb file for db_url and jetty as described in clean install instructions.

9)      Copy mysql-connector*.jar to new \lib directory.

10)   Copy prunmgr and prunsrv to new ArchivesSpace directory.

11)   (I don't have any plugins or mods.)

12)   Running a command prompt as an admin, run setup-database.bat in the new \scripts folder, then service.bat in the new \launcher folder.

13)   Start service.

So? Thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Benjamin Finberg, Director of IT and Operations
The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
505.946.1057
217 Johnson St., Santa Fe, NM  87501
www.okeeffemuseum.org<http://www.okeeffemuseum.org/>

A Great American Artist, a Great American Story. Explore the remarkable career of Georgia O'Keeffe through her artwork, the objects and places that were meaningful to her, and the experiences that defined her life.