[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Agents as originators, creators, and subjects

Lara Friedman-Shedlov ldfs at umn.edu
Mon Aug 29 16:18:27 EDT 2016

Hi all,

We are in the process of migrating over to ArchivesSpace, and I have
noticed that the public interface of ArchivesSpace does not indicate
whether an agent is a creator or a subject. Furthermore, it does not
differentiate between creators that are the equivalent of the
collection-level <origination> element in EAD (i.e. the "main entry') and
creators that are just contributors (i.e. "added entries").

See for example: http://archives.lib.umn.edu/repositories/7/resources/6763

It seems very confusing to me, as there is no way for the user to tell who
actually is the main creator of a collection unless you are careful to make
it very clear in the collection title.

Has this issue been raised before?  Do others feel it is a problem?

Thanks,
Lara Friedman-Shedlov

--

Lara D. Friedman-Shedlov
Kautz Family YMCA Archives | University of Minnesota Libraries
ldfs at umn.edu |  612.626.7972 | www.lib.umn.edu/ymca | @yarchives