[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Query about Top containers

Emma Jolley EJOLLEY at nla.gov.au
Tue Aug 2 02:53:36 EDT 2016

Hi All

Apologies if this is a naïve or ill-informed question - I am still working through all the wonderful new documentation and screencasts. We are making plans for a large collection move and I need some information on which to base some costings.

In relation to Top Containers - say I have a collection of 300 archives boxes - do I need to have a top container for each individual box within the 300 or am I able to block this (say by Row or Bay of Rows)?

I am thinking that if we need to create/attach an individual top container for each individual box that might be very time consuming

Any advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Emma

Emma Jolley| Curator of Digital Archives, Pictures and Manuscripts Branch|National Library of Australia Canberra ACT 2600
e: emma.jolley at nla.gov.au<mailto:emma.jolley at nla.gov.au>|t: 02 6262 1456| www.nla.gov.au/ms<http://www.nla.gov.au/ms>
http://www.nla.gov.au/support-us/make-a-collection-offer-pictures-and-manuscripts