[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Is it possible to include a summary note in a digital object CSV?

Angela Kroeger akroeger at unomaha.edu
Thu Apr 21 15:24:13 EDT 2016

Greetings, ArchivesSpacers,

I hope to convert an Excel spreadsheet into a CSV for importing digital object records. I have looked at section 14.2.5 "Digital Object CSV" of the manual, the Digital Object CSV Map (http://archivesspace.org/importexport), and the Digital Object CSV Template (https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/backend/app/exporters/examples/digital_object/aspace_digital_object_import_template.csv).

Is there a way to add notes? Notes do not seem to be included in the list of fields in 14.2.5 or the template, but we really need to include the summary note.

Looking at the controlled value lists in our system I see note_digital_object_type with summary as one of the values. I imagine note_digital_object_type could be a column with summary as the value, but then how would I include the actual text portion of the note? Or is that impossible?

Alternatively, if push comes to shove, we could use a user-defined text field for the summary. But I haven't figured out how to make the user-defined fields display to the public. (The user defined text fields do seem to be keyword searchable from the public interface, but the text isn't visible.)

Thank you!
--Angela

Angela Kroeger
akroeger at unomaha.edu<mailto:akroeger at unomaha.edu>
Archives and Special Collections Associate
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
University of Nebraska at Omaha