[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error on My (Repository|Global) Preferences for non admin user

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Apr 12 16:44:14 EDT 2016

[ ArchivesSpace v1.4.2 release ]

As an admin user, I can set 'My Global Preferences' or ‘My Repository Preferences’ .

If I login as a non admin user ( in repository-advanced-data-entry ), choosing one of those menu items yields an ‘Unable to Access Page’ error.

In the log files, I see:  Started GET "/preferences/0/edit”

When logged in as Admin, that is followed by:  Redirected to http://localhost:18080/preferences/2/edit

redirecting to the preferences for currently selected repository.

There is no redirect when logged in as non admin user.

On further testing, I find if I assign the user to all of the access groups, choosing the preference menu succeeds.
It’s unclear from the descriptions which permission is required.
I’m guessing it’s  "manage this repository (change groups and other settings)” although the connection is unclear.
I had thought that this was a user scoped setting. Is this actually set per repository for all users ?

— Steve Majewski