[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Batch API processing [was: Batch extraction of Agent records through the API]

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Apr 1 11:33:33 EDT 2016

Nothing to do with /agents in this script, but just in case it might be useful for others as an example of batch processing using the ArchivesSpace backend API, curl and jq.
I haven’t tried to figure out how to write Jasper reports yet, and maybe there’s a better way to do this via Solr, but since the API was the hammer I knew, I made a script to get an inventory of resources, accessions and digital objects on all repos on our servers.
( We were in the process of migrating content from a test server to a production server so it was something to compare contents and check on progress. )

The IDs may look a bit odd formatted with underscores, but that was intentional: I was also testing use of modified version of the generate_accession_identifiers plugin, and wanted to distinguish between other characters ( dash “-“ ) that might be in an id field.