[Archivesspace_Users_Group] New Single Sign On Plugin released

Ryan Rotter rrotter at umich.edu
Tue Sep 29 17:38:00 EDT 2015

Shib is rapidly becoming the de-facto standard and if ASpace ever added
native support for Shib I'd consider using it, but from where I sit it
would be very unusual for the application to deal with Shib rather than
letting the web server (apache) handle it.

Right now I'm using a plugin (https://github.com/mlibrary/aspace_remote_user)
to authenticate users based on the remote_user env var sent from
apache/modproxy. This doesn't align well with ASpace's architecture
(because I'm effectively moving auth from the backend to the frontend), but
it aligns much better with my hosting environment.