[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Merging resource records

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Sep 24 12:22:24 EDT 2015

Hi Laurel,

The merge resources functionality has not been changed recently. The ability to merge records is linked to a particular user's permissions within the application, however. In order to merge resources (and see the button on the toolbar) the user needs to be logged in as either a system administrator or part of a permission group that has the "merge the major record types in this repository" permission checked (see screenshot below from the Manage Groups area):

[cid:image001.png at 01D0F6C3.806B5DC0]

If you're not a system administrator, you'll want check with someone who is about verifying your permissions in the system and changing them to what you need. And if you are already a system administrator or if changing the permissions does not solve the problem you're encountering, please let us know.

Best,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
Community Outreach and Support Manager