[Archivesspace_Users_Group] NACO versus LCNAF

Karla Irwin karla.irwin at unlv.edu
Tue Sep 22 19:29:34 EDT 2015

I have a general question for the group. When creating agent records, are
you using the NACO (as provided by ArchivesSpace) or have you added LCNAF
to your name_source controlled value list and are using that as your
preferred term?

We had some EAD legacy data import using LCNAF, which automatically created
the LCNAF value. We will have to merge to one or the other, but we would
like to hear what others are doing. I recall that Archivists' Toolkit used
LCNAF instead of NACO so I imagine we have not been the only institution
with this issue.

Thank you!

--
Karla Irwin
Special Collections Technical Services Librarian
karla.irwin at unlv.edu