[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Legacy MS Word finding aids

Glendon, Ivey Marie (img7u) img7u at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Sep 16 15:17:28 EDT 2015

Hi Margaret,

We have been working at UVa on this very issue.  We’ve developed software (dubbed “Transmog”) and were able to hire a fantastic intern this summer to test it for us.  To our delight, our intern was able to convert approximately 50 MS Word finding aids for us this summer into EAD XML for upload to ArchivesSpace.  We hope to be able to make the tool more widely available this fall.  If you or anyone else on the list is interested in working with Transmog, please contact me directly and I’ll be in touch in the coming weeks.

Ivey

Ivey Glendon
Manager, Metadata Analysis & Design
Collections Access & Discovery