[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Backing up ArchivesSpace using mysqldump

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Sep 16 07:10:52 EDT 2015

Hi Helen,

That's odd. So, what is the output giving you when you run the script?

Something like:

./scripts/backup.sh --mysqldump --output /tmp/123.zip

Otherwise, you can just run a scheduled mysqldump process..this won't zip up the solr index, but you can rebuild those and it will greatly reduce the disk size that your backups use. Something like:

mysqldump -u myUser -pMyPassword -all-databases --single-transaction -routines | gzip > /some/safe/directory/aspace_`date '+%m-%d-%Y'`.sql.gz

I think that would work...

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/