[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Backing up ArchivesSpace using mysqldump

Helen Thomas helen.thomas at nicholls.edu
Mon Sep 14 10:41:21 EDT 2015

Good morning,

I'm backing up my instance to a zip file, and would like to include the
mysqldump option. I can create a backup from the provided script, but my
attempts to include a dump of our MySQL database have been unsuccessful.
As far as I can tell, I have mysqldump installed correctly, but I think
that I'm just not providing the mysqldump option correctly at the command
line.

Would anyone be willing to share their amended version of the provided
backup script (scripts/backup.sh --output /path/to/backup-yyyymmdd.zip) that
includes the mysqldump option?

Best,
Helen

--