[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing "cataloged note" data

Kate Tasker ktasker at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 20 14:59:48 EDT 2015

Good morning, list!

I'm looking for some advice on how to import legacy collection management
data (cataloging information, in particular).

We are preparing for a legacy data migration of about 6800 Access database
records, using the accession import CSV template. We're still in version
1.2, and had originally mapped our cataloging notes to the
accession_cataloged_note field in the collection management module. We're
about to upgrade to version 1.4 however, and are aware that the
accession_cataloged_note field has been removed, with data in this field
being transferred to an Event record.

Is it still possible to import our cataloging notes to 1.4, with the new
destination of an Event record, using the accession CSV template? If so,
how should we modify the template?

If it's not possible to use the template, what would be an alternative
solution? (Unfortunately we don't have admin access to the API...)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best,
-Kate

Kate Tasker