[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Release of ArchivesSpace v1.4.1

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Wed Oct 14 10:01:03 EDT 2015

[Apologies for duplicate receipts]

The ArchivesSpace team is happy to release version 1.4.1.<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v1.4.1>

This release includes fixes for three bugs found in release 1.4.0:  AR-1332<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1332>, AR-1341<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1341>, and AR-1342<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1342>.  Since AR-1341 is potentially a destructive bug, we recommend everybody that has installed v1.4.0 upgrade immediately to v1.4.1 and that others upgrade directly to v1.4.1.

Please see the technical documentation <http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/> for information on how to upgrade your ArchivesSpace installs.  Note:  this release includes a file with a long name that might impede unzipping the release in certain directories on Windows machines.  Windows users should unzip the file in C:/ or ignore the file, which is not essential to the release.

Thanks to the users who reported these bugs and tested the solutions for them. Their efforts were crucial to our ability to get this maintenance release out quickly.

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

All best,

Brad W.

Bradley D. Westbrook
Program Manager