[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Sandbox Off line - 502 error/ArchivesSpace Educational Program membership

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Nov 24 10:30:42 EST 2015

Dear Kari (and others who may be interested in using ArchivesSpace in courses),

We were alerted to this outage this morning and rebuilt the sandbox a short time ago. It is back up now.

The sandbox is intended to be a place where people who don't want to download and install anything to try out various aspects of ArchivesSpace. It's cleared out and rebuilt frequently as we make updates to the application, so it's not a great place to work on class assignments or anything that is either time-sensitive or needs to be kept. In a case like this one, we would suggest either doing a local installation of ArchivesSpace, or, for assignments that are part of work in a graduate program in archives/information science/public history, etc., faculty or administrators consider a free Educational Program Membership (see http://archivesspace.org/educationalmembership). The latter provides students with access to the ArchivesSpace user manual, and the program with some other benefits of ArchivesSpace membership.

We currently have 8 Educational Program Members (see the bottom of our members page - http://archivesspace.org/members - for a listing), and we'd love to have other schools join them.

Best,
Christine

Christine Di Bella