[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Container duplication?

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Thu May 14 14:20:04 EDT 2015

Hi Matt,
I can't answer why it happened, but you can opt to merge rather than delete.

-Maura

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Matthew J Gorzalski <mGorzalski at lib.siu.edu
> wrote:

>  Migrating from Archon to ArchivesSpace.  The containers migrating into
> ASpace seem to duplicate container values already in ASpace by default.
> Hence, we have two boxes, two volumes, two folders.  Should the migration
> tool recognize when a term is already used and not migrate it?  Or is this
> something that we’ll need to clean up post migration.  If so, I’m paranoid
> that deleting the “box” migrating from Archon instead of the “box” natively
> in ASpace would mess up finding aids.
>

> MATT GORZALSKI
>
> University Archivist
>

> MORRIS LIBRARY
>
> MAIL CODE 6632
>
> SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
>
> 605 AGRICULTURE DR
>
> CARBONDALE, IL 62901
>

> mgorzalski at lib.siu.edu
>
> P: 618/453-2225
>
> F: 618/453-3440
>
> lib.siu.edu

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu