[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Classification problem fixed, almost

Matthew J Gorzalski mGorzalski at lib.siu.edu
Wed May 13 09:11:02 EDT 2015

Developers,

Previously I wrote about how our public ASpace listed 30 classifications while our staff interface listed only 5.  This was a problem because only 5/30 classifications actually had collections linked to them and the other 25 where empty, duplicative shells.  I remembered that the classifications are duplicated across repositories, so in the ASpace staff view I switched repositories in the drop-down menu in the upper right and found the other classifications I thought were missing previously.  I was able to delete all of the bad classifications by going into each of our repositories and locating the empty shells.  It turned out that the repository name matched the name of the good classification.  In other words, the only classification in the Manuscripts repository with content happened to be the Manuscripts classification.

I've attached a screen shot of an error I get that prevents me from deleting the final 2 bad classifications.  You're looking at the Manuscripts repository and I get this error when trying to delete Photographs and University Archives.  I did not get this error in any other circumstance.

Thanks,

MATT GORZALSKI
University Archivist

MORRIS LIBRARY