[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Question re Repository Manager permissions

McElheny, Robin G. robin_mcelheny at harvard.edu
Thu May 7 17:07:24 EDT 2015

At Harvard, we have noticed the following behavior with the permissions assigned to a Repository Manager. Has anyone else encountered this? Are we doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

When I sign in to our local installation of ArchivesSpace as a Repository Manager, I encounter the following:

-          When I click on "System," the "Manage Repositories" does not appear. According to ArchivesSpace documentation, it seems that this option should appear.

-          When I leave the search box empty and click the search button to "search all records,"  "Repository" is listed as one of the Record Types.

-          When I select this, the display lists the record for my repository with view/edit options.

-          When I click on edit, I can edit the repository record, but when I try to save the revised record, I get an error message that says "We're sorry, but something went wrong."

Robin McElheny
Associate University Archivist for Collections and Public Services
Harvard University Archives
Pusey Library
Cambridge, MA 02138
Email: robin_mcelheny at harvard.edu